Saturday 19 January 2008

Gamepads and gourmet

The mystery raid was KZ... Couldn't be assed to do KZ today, so I went to play HG:L and some TF2. The Nostromo n52 plays nice, although I have to get used to having my action bar where my WSAD-keys used to be. I might just map all (WoW, HG:L and TF2) to one profile, much easier, or atleast the first 2.

The Speedpad (in full: Belkin Nostromo Speedpad n52) has 16 buttons. 2 rows of 5 and one of 4, a small round button above the D-Pad and a button where your spacebar would be, if it was a keyboard. I honestly don't know if I'm going to map and macro it as much as I can, or just use it to rest my left hand on.

When I first tried it today, I was in the middle of a SL run, but the left hand rest was too close to my buttons, so I had to play with my fingers curled up, while I'm used to keep my fingers almost horizontally. Going through the user's manual as if it were a tome of infinite knowledge didn't work, all it told me was that it is adjustable, however, it won't tell how. Instead of sliding back or forth, you have to lift it. It comes off and you see 2 sets of holes, in which the rest fits. Now I can play comfortably.

I have a long weekend (no school on monday, *yay*) to have fun with is, so... yeah.

Also, Tikita is starting to blog, he kinda was the guy that taught me how to raid :P (so yeah, his blog url is fitting). And from now on i'm going to keep track of my gold, 5000g is the goal. I want my epic flying.

Off to dinner now, gourmet FTW.

2 comments:

Sam Hadfield said...

i may have to order myself one of those just to have a play :P

MarcusMaximi said...

OMFG, Yes the n52 is awesome but I can't use the bottom row of 4 buttons for the same reason you mention.

You can adjust it? OMG I can't wait to get home and look :)